hi guys had my gs2 for 3 days search online for help but still couldnt get my mobile net working but i have done it now.. STUPID
for those who get stuck here is my guild
This phone can be automatically configured using our over the air service, For Mobile Internet and Picture Messaging.
to get set up.
2. This handset should be configured with the correct APN settings for Mobile Internet and Picture Messaging when purchasing the phone.
If not follow these instructions to setup manually:
3. From the main display, Press on the "Menu" key.
4. The sub menu will now appear on the display.
5. Now, Tap on the "Settings" icon.
6. The Settings menu will now be displayed.
7. Now, Tap on the "Wireless and network" field.
8. The Wireless and networks settings menu will now be displayed.
9. Tap and slide the upwards to scroll down, until Mobile networks is displayed.
10. Now, Tap on the "Mobile networks" field.
11. The Mobile network settings menu will be displayed.
12. Now, Tap on the "Access Point Names" field.
13. The APNs menu will be displayed, with exsiting data account displayed below.
14. To add a new APN, press on the "Menu" key.
15. The sub menu will now appear.
16. Tap on the "New APN" icon.
17. A empty access point will be displayed.
18. Enter the following settings:
Name - Virgin Media Mobile Internet
APN - goto.virginmobile.uk
Proxy - Not Set
Port - Not Set
Username - user
Password - Not Set
Server - Not Set
MMSC - http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy - 193.030.166.002
MMS port - 8080
MCC - 234
MNC - 30
Authentication type - PAP
APN type - internet + mms
21. The sub menu will now be displayed.
22. Tap on the "Save" icon.
23. The APNS menu will now be displayed.
24. Tap on the new APN to activate the new APN profile.
25. And that's it! You'll now be able to set up for mobile internet and picture messaging.
this is a virgin set up but i guess it will be the same for any net work..
now when i done this it still didnt work then i noticed something
you need to do two more things
1st you need to hold in the power button till the power of menu comes on and select
DATA NETWORK MODE
click so it says active
2nd and most important thing to do is turn on your data roaming (this is the bit i missed and stopped me connecting ) click menu >setting>wireless and network>mobile network>data roaming.. if data roaming is not ticked in green you phone wont connect
i hope this helps.. mods feel free to move if there's a other post about this
have phone in the gs2 world